Support your Hindley School PTO and order prepackaged school supplies
ONLINE ORDER DEADLINE: June 30
- Visit SuppliesToPlease.com between NOW and June 30.
- Click on “Parents Login” and log in using the following information:
Username: HindleyPassword: hin2016 (case sensitive)
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATION
- Teacher approved school supplies, custom packed for every student
- Supplies arrive in a neatly packaged kit, directly to your child’s classroom
- Your child will have exactly what his/her teacher has requested
- Name brand products at affordable prices
- Secure and easy online ordering — all major credit cards accepted
For more information, click here.
The Hindley Happening is on today, May 7th, from 10 am to 4 pm!
Some important parking information:
Last night a Code Red alert phone call was sent by the Darien Police Department to Darien Residents regarding the traffic and parking situation near the school on Saturday. Please note the following parking availability and restrictions:
- HIndley School – Parking will be available in the main parking lot and the in spaces at the bus loop. Once the lot is full, it will be closed. However, drop off will be permitted in our designated drop off location near the kindergarten playground. Parking in the drop-off location/fire lane is strictly prohibited. There will be a police officer monitoring the capacity of the parking lot and those using the drop-off area.
- St. Lawrence Funeral Home – Parking is permitted only in the designated parking spaces after 12:00 pm. Because of wet conditions, parking on the grass/lawn area is prohibited. Do not remove the cone from the parking space in the back of the building as that area provides access for the funeral home.
- Noroton Presbyterian Church – Parking is available in the parking lot near the chapel side of the church all day. Parking is not available in the lot near Noroton Avenue due to funerals.
- St. John’s Church – Due to a scheduled event and 2 funerals, parking IS NOT available at this church.
- Noroton Fire Department – Parking in the grass field area at the corner of Nearwater Lane and Post Road is prohibited. Those parking in that area will be towed. Also, parking in the lot behind the fire station is prohibited as this lot needs to be accessible for the fireman. Parking is permitted along Dickinson Road.
- St. Luke’s Church – Parking is available after 1:00 pm (a confirmation and reception is taking place until then).
Given the limited parking areas and several simultaneous events causing increased traffic to the area, please consider carpooling or walking to Hindley Happening. We are concerned for everyone’s safety and ask the you follow all parking restrictions and posted signs. Please access Hindley Happening from the Post Road at the designated crosswalks under the direction of the Darien Police.
See you all at the fair!
HINDLEY HAPPENING VOLUNTEERS NEEDED
Volunteers – WE NEED VOLUNTEERS!!! We still have many spots desperately needing to be filled especially in our ride ticket booth, games area and pizza tent. We cannot offer the games or serve pizza if these spots aren’t filled. This would result in a huge loss of our fundraising efforts if we don’t get these areas filled! Help is also needed in the ride ticket booth. These spots are crucial to sell tickets at as many windows as possible and also help maintain short lines to purchase tickets. SIGN UP NOW!
SPECIAL EVENTS THIS WEEK
- Mothers Day Basket, Principal-for-a-Day, and Fast Pass raffle tickets will be on sale before school Wednesday May 4th – Friday May 6th at 8:00-8:45 am.
- Ride and Game tickets will be on sale Thursday May 5th and Friday May 6th before school at 8:00-8:45 am and after school 2:30-3:15 pm<
- Don’t forget to pick up your plant order on Thursday May 5th 1:30-3:30 pm near the Hindley garden.
- The delicious Hindley Cookie will be on sale Friday May 6th at 7:45-8:30 am. Don’t miss out on these yummy treats!
- Hindley Happening t-shirts will be distributed on Monday May 2nd. Wear your t-shirt on Hindley Happening Spirit day, Friday May 6th.
CLASS ART PROJECTS AT DARIEN DONUT THIS WEEK
One class art project from each grade will be on display this week at Darien Donut – stop by and check out the creative projects from our young artists! All class art projects will be on display to bid on at the Silent Auction.
HINDLEY HAPPENING PARKING
Parking at Hindley school will be available but will be limited and the parking areas fill quickly. Additional parking is available at Noroton Presbyterian. Parking is also currently available at St. Lawrence Funeral Home. However, parking may be restricted if the funeral home is being used. Please respect all posted signs or closed areas. Due to an event at St. John’s Church, parking is not available. Please do not park in St. John’s lot or any on grass areas. Carpooling or walking to Hindley Happening is suggested. Please follow all posted no parking signs and use the crosswalks. Police will be on the Post Road to assist traffic and pedestrians. If walking into the carnival from the Post Road, please enter Hindley school at the walkway entrance near the basketball area.
Calling all BAKERS!!! Please sign up to bake for the Hindley Happening bake sale and/or the Hindley Cookie using the signup genuis links below. Thank you! Any questions please contact Jill Yusko.
- Bake Sale: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0C4FAEA62EABF94-bakers1
- Hindley Cookie: www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0C4FAEA62EABF94-hindley1
It’s time to order your Hindley Happening t-shirts! This year, the kids can check off the rides they “survived” on the back of the t-shirt with fabric markers available at the Hindley Happening. Choose neon pink/white or neon yellow/blue (click here to see the shirt color/design).
The sizing runs as follows for youth sizing:
Once again we will be offering a beautiful assortment of planters, hanging baskets, individual plants, herbs and vegetables to benefit the Hindley PTO. See attached link for order form and plant descriptions. Orders are due in the office by Friday, April 22nd. All plants will be available for pick up on Thursday, May 5th from 1:30-3:30 at the Hindley garden. Please contact Anne Fox at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. To view the plant sale flyer click here and the plant descriptions can be found here.
All BoxTops are in for this school year and TOGETHER we earned $1,296.60 for the 2015-2016 school year. A very big thank you to everyone who clipped and submitted BoxTops this year! Let’s keep it going! Please keep on clipping and saving BoxTops for the Fall 2016 collection. Let’s get a jump on our earnings for next year Hindley! WE CAN DO IT AGAIN!
- Thursday, March 17th- GREEN Day
- Friday, March 18th – Hindley Spirit Day- wear your Hindley gear!
What exactly is bullying and how has the landscape changed with social media?Instagram…Snapchat..Facebook are now for many kids, a mainstream means of expression and communication. But when does it cross the line and become bullying?
Join us at our next MPA meeting on Wednesday March 16th at 9:30 am, at Middlesex Middle School when we welcome Dr. Jo Ann Freiberg to discuss cyber-bullying and beyond. Dr. Freiberg is part of a statewide task force on bullying and works with the state Dept. of Education.
“Bullying IS a 4-letter word!”
This is your chance to bring to life the most fantastical creature you can imagine! The Creations Art Show will take place Thursday, March 31, 4-5:00pm, and is open to all students in K-5. Mrs. Ferri and Mrs. Christie will be awarding ribbons to all participants, and refreshments will be served. A selection of creations will be displayed in April at the Darien Library. Click here for details.
Happy spring! Thank you to the many parents who conferenced with our teachers last week. Your positive comments, thoughts and kind gestures are always greatly appreciated, heart-warming and valued.
Please be informed that at some point in this upcoming week we will be conducting a Lockdown Drill. The teachers and students have practiced this drill in the past and are familiar with the protocol. We remain very sensitive to the nature of the drill thus, teachers speak to our children about how we practice to be safe inside and outside at our school.
The Darien Police Department typically accompany us during a Lockdown Drill, therefore, you might see police vehicles in the front of the school building during the drill. Also, be aware that the school will be locked down and that no one will be able to leave or enter the building at that time.
As always, thank you for your support and understanding.
Rita M. Ferri,